Monday, September 14, 2009

I AM IN GREAT COMPANY FOR YVONNE FOONG

YESTERDAY, I received an email from Crankshaft alerting me to her posting on Yvonne Foong. I also remembered Marina Mahathir recently doing a piece on Yvonne. I was tagged by Ruth and in the process of finding MM's posting I chanced upon her latest posting. I AM IN GREAT COMPANY.....find out HERE and HERE two ladies I like immensely.

Please follow the instructions in both their postings.



I met Yvonne in my probationary blogging days. I came away just ashamed of myself. I did a posting on here and wrote:

Yesterday, 8 July, 2007, I met 21 year-old Yvonne Foong at the MIC Putera Bloggers Buff. I went there primarily to support young Bloggers. It was there that I chanced upon and bought her book "I'm Not Sick, Just A Bit Unwell". I heard her speak in her frail voice about her illness; got her to autograph her book; took a photo with her....and came away ashamed of myself....ashamed that, though healthy, I still grumble about the weather, the haze, the traffic; ashamed that I still get irritated by little things; ashamed that I take so many things for granted; ashamed that I do not spend enough time learning from the disadvantaged; disgustingly ashamed about fussing about little discomforts; shamefully ashamed that I should do more listening when people like Yvonne have lost her hearing because of the multiple tumours that grow on her nerves. (MORE HERE)


+++++

THE THREE THINGS I'D LOVE TO SEE:


A UNITED MALAYSIA

sans

RACISM

and

BIGOTRY


+++++


I AM TAGGING


THE ARTICULATE ONE

THE WHISPERER

SUSAN LOONE

THE DREAMER

D'NIGHTCALLER






5 comments:

Fi-sha said...

Dear Uncle Zorro

Thanks for 'tagging' me along :)

art harun said...

Dear Zorro,

Thank you very very much for the tagging. It is an honour.

As for the story about Yvonne, I must say it is so touching. Sometimes, we forget how lucky and blessed we are that we take things as a given. I am always guilty for that.

It takes writings such as yours to remind me to count my blessings.

Peace.

nstman said...

No words can describe this wonderful lady. We salute her. In the meantime, I just want to cry... and cry... and cry ..... and cry ...

nightcaller said...

Z

Thanks for the tag...:)

julian said...

thats great of you to share your innermost feelings uncle, thats why i lovevisiting certain sites and if possible get them in my facebook