Friday, November 7, 2008

HASNAH & FAMILY LIGHT CANDLES IN PARIS' NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL TO SAY "NO TO ISA".

I am appending a mail sent to Laila. Laila is a teacher whose husband MAT SAH bin MOHD SATRAY has been an ISA detainee in Kamunting since 17 April 2002. In April 2008, his detention has been extended for another two years. Laila works tirelessly in GMI for the abolition of the ISA and the release of all detainees. She blogs under Hitam Merah. We have been in constant touch and she is on my blogroll. She alerted me to this posting she received:

HI Cikgu Laila, apa khabar?
I selalu baca your blog, belum sempat nak komen, will do soon. My family and I in France for a while -so kalau you nampak dari languedoc-rousillon tu I le tu!!!Harap you are well, we were in Notre Dame cathedral in Paris so we lit a candle for all ISA detainees and wrote in the book of lives, the husband lupa nak kecilkan gambar adam dengan candle, current file too big now dah pukul 10 malam, so will send that photo to you esok!In the mean time here is my Adam scribbling NO ISA in Notre Dame !Salam to your young man Shuib (Laila’s son) and talk soon.....



ADAM DOING HIS BIT IN NOTRE DAME CATHEDRAL, A CANDLE TO SAY "NO TO ISA"




Unable to enlarge the image. The text reads such: Free all ISA prisoners of conscience in Malaysia. Save Raja Petra. 6 Oct. 2008


Cikgu Laila, I did carry you all in my heart all the time. Justice has to be done... I reflect my Adam is 6 now and with his dad they discuss everything under the sun, science experiments, chemical reaction, religions: its differences and similarities, of Islam, the different branches of thoughts - why Jesus is God to some and prophet to us, why ISA is a repressive law against the very core of basic human rights. I thought how young young Shuib is being deprive of his rights as a child; to have a father and to grow up in a safe environment and without harassment. How ISA is Malaysia against its very own citizens is a form of child neglect and abuse perpetrated by the State. There are over 360 children whom the Malaysian government are abusing systematically. How could we not carry you all in our hearts? with lots of love and best wishes to all your good work.

Love, Hasnah.

(THE VERACITY AND AUTHENTICITY
OF THIS POST IS AVAILABLE IF CHALLENGED)




GOOD PEOPLE, IF HASNAH AND HER FAMILY CAN LIGHT A CANDLE
WHY CAN'T YOU?
KEEP VIGIL WITH US IN
SEREMBAN (7th),
PJ (9th),
IPOH (9th)
PENANG (15th)

More HERE & HERE.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

jangan jadi murtad lah budak ni..tu lah mak bapak open sangat ..tak gunakan akal fikiran..yang masuk gereja nyalakan lilin tu buat apa..

Unknown said...

Takutilah doa orang-orang yang terinaya.
Tuhan pun, sebelum Dia hendak memasukkan orang ke dalam neraka kena melalui proses perbicaraan terlebih dahulu, di mana kaki dan tangan menjadi saksi.

Anonymous said...

If we can organise a candlelight vigil in New Delhi or anywhere in India I m sure we can get a really big big crowd.

Pat said...

This is really cool - that they entered the church and lit the candles. After all, they were speaking to their own god, though in someone else's 'house'.

That's how I look at it. I think many others won't. I've had friends who wouldn't enter a church. Ever. And recently, in Penang, a christian woman stood outside a temple, refusing to enter with her family, even though her mum pleaded with her. Sad.

Like I've said before, how fragile is your faith that a simple act like this, and you are lost forever?

Cheers to Hasnah and her family, for seeing it this way.

What a lovely start to my day, Zorro. Thank you.

Pat

ps

I'm linking this one on my blog!

Anonymous said...

Hope I can make it for the candlelight vigil at S'ban tonight. May I know when does it start?

Anonymous said...

RPK freed !!! Long Live RPK !!!! I thank you Lord for hearing my prayers all this while, I am feeling so happy for RPK, Marina & their family, and their undying supporters.

SOBA said...

YAHOO I AM SO HAPPY ZORRO BHAI

THANKS TO YOOUR STRENGTH AND YOUR VIGIL

I LOVE YOU ZORRO

THANK YOU SO MUCH

RPK IS FREE

I AM SO HAPPY

petluc said...

Just read the news that RPK has been freed - Halleluyah!

However, lets keep the candles burning, to continue to shine the light - until ISA is abolished!

Many more are still detained.

I will join you guys next week, when I get back from Macau.

Uncle Bernard, thank you for keeping the hope and spirit alive!

The candle here in Macau has been burning all these while!

Anonymous said...

True Malaysians to be lighting
candles at Notre Dame. I lit a candle this morning in gratitude for RPK's release. You can be sure of a bigger crowd in PJ on Sunday
9/11.

Anonymous said...

shit ! what a bad day .petra is out .was hoping for him to be in a few more years.definately no cheers today.

Anonymous said...

His detention extended another 2 years? Reminds me of the automatic renewal of Fixed Deposits in banks. Keeps on renewing automatically. Likewise extensions of ISA detentions may be computerised like that....auto-renewals!!!

Anonymous said...

We shall fight in the seas. We shall fight in the land. We shall fight in the air. We shall fight in the loo. We shall never surrender to Umno bigots and racists. Zorro, thanks for leading us from the depths of darkness to a bright new world. Thanks, Zorro, for helping us break away from the shackles of stupidity, lies, hatred, bigotry, idiocy. Thanks for helping us stand up to Umno bullies. Thanks for playing a big part in RPK's release. Thanks for helping us to wake up from a long slumber of tidapathy.

profit said...

Dear Zorro,

I wonder you and your gangs will still be at the weekend candle light vigil for the rest of the detainees.
My guess is,once RPK is release everybody will just forget about it.The rest of the detainees families will again fight a lonely battle like before.

Anonymous said...

Candlelight vigils in PJ, Seremban, Ipoh, Penang, JB..bla bla...when izit gonna happen here where I am, in Kuantan???

Anonymous said...

bagus lah tu...pasang candle kat cathedral. Which God were you trying to pray to?

Khun Pana aka johanssm said...

Thanks goodness RPK is freed.
Let us do more for the other detainees.
Exciting indeed to know that the session court kicks out the AG's demand to removes Anwar's case to another court .
But still , we have to be very careful. It is not victory . Not yet.

zorro said...

Profit!
You guess wrong....the theme is NO TO ISA. We will prove you wrong for prejudging the people who come out, even on rainy nights to to push for the abolition of this ISA.

You can access Hitam Merah on my blogroll under NO TO ISA.

profit said...

Dear Zorro,
I hope i am proved wrong.But as skeptical i am,M'sian are always like that,especially Marina,she won what she is fighting for.The rest will just move along.
Btw thanks for the Hitam Merah lead.

Unknown said...

profit,

i am bringing my family to the vigil in PJ for the first time.
not to prove you wrong, profit, but thats the least i can do for those that are still in Kamunting. Laila, you are not forgotten.

See you there, zorro.

Anonymous said...

the candles are lit in stockholm, helsinki, copenhagen and malmo every weekend for ISA and Malaysians to have a better future.