Saturday, December 6, 2008

TIS' SURE IS THE SEASON OF GIVING

No Sisa Fajar is not the only one to have a Christmas tree. My breast-mate (that's between us, OK?) Faridah always have hers up before many of us remember that Christmas is near. I dedicate this post to FARIDAH (sorry sayang, I won't be able to be at the eve dinner that I have never missed) and SISA FAJAR.

MAY THE PEACE THAT IS CHRISTMAS

VISIT YOU AND YOURS.

Visiting MT's "My Little Scrapbook" I read Sisa's gift to her daughter. But what moved me was what commenter Sen Zen wrote and must be shared:


My dear sister Sisa,

Tears came to my eyes when I read your little piece!

I am a Chinese female. I do not subscribe to any religious belief but I do very much believe in God. And I also respect and accept those who do; in fact some of my close friends are devout Muslims, Hindus and Christians. I am now retired. When I was working, I made it a point not to eat in front of my Muslim colleagues during the fasting month. Our little clique shared a common love for baking and we sometimes shared our homemade goodies with each other. But it was an unspoken understanding to curtail this practice during Ramadhan. When my good friend Reeka got married according to full Hindu rites, I surprised her by wearing a traditional saree to the ceremony. Her mother gave me a hug and applied a tilak on my forehead. "Now you look complete!" she said. Christmas had always been hard for one of my nieces cos she was the only Christian in her family. So I would "kidnap" her on Christmas eve and accompanied her to the midnight mass at her church. She would stay over for Christmas morning cos I had set up a Christmas tree for her, with presents to boot! One last experience to share: I have been a strict vegetarian for the past 20 years, still am..., for my birthday some years ago, my Muslim buddy at work actually took the trouble to learn how to bake a vegetarian cake for me!! How cool was that!!?? I still remember...

These are some of the many, many unforgettable experiences I've had the privilege of being a part of. Religion should not be a divisive factor. The common platform is our love for God, and this transcends to love for our fellow humankind.

So dear Sisa, I salute you for being so magnanimous in your attitude towards a religion and culture that is different from yours. Your generosity of spirit has done more to bring about harmony amongst us than you can imagine. Your daughter should be so proud and fortunate to have you as a mom!!



WHO SAYS WE DON'T HAVE BEAUTIFUL MALAYSIANS OUT THERE?


+++++

Please remember
Christmas For Payatas



*****

OFF NOW TO THE NPC TO GIVE THE STUNNINGLY ALLURING NISHA A BIRTHDAY HUG.

1 comment:

PRAY,IT WORKS. joe's blog said...

MALAYSIANS, we have ugly ones too. From "sarawak heeadhunter" TAIB MAHMUD blew his top. Read http://sarawakheadhunter.blogspot.com/ The SH'T keeps oozing out of malaysia, mahathir is there to smell.