Monday, July 28, 2008

A FATHER'S LOVE?

The Malay Mail has always been my favorite afternoon tabloid until some smart alec (now expelled) decided to change course. The Malay Mail was the nesting ground of the likes of Francis Emmanuel, Maurice Khoo, K C Boey, Terrence Netto, Nades, Fauzi Omar, Tony Francis, Johnson Fernendez , Ahirudin Atan and Ian Pereira. All have migrated to greener pastures although I am told that Tony Francis, Johnson Fernendez are attempting to bring the MM back to its glory days. Of course I am for change....but certain things, especially its culture, its established and tested brand are immutable. Of course those were the days before the Fleet Group and later UMNO chocked and stifled the living breath out of this afternoon daily, such that its use is now relegated to lining the floor if you have many cats in the house, so I was directly told by a former Top Gun in the NST Group when he saw me wearing the "NO BUY, NO LIES" T-shirt at a Press Conference.

YES, I am happy that the MM has brought up the case of our missing Nini again after we thought that the police has NFAed Nini's case. After a near miss, MM picked up on Nini, timely and appropriately. It broke the story of the effort of a desperate father Mohd Nashar who has not given up hope of finding his missing daughter!

“I still go out with some family members and search for my daughter whenever I can. But I’ve been limiting my search to only Klang Valley because I don’t have much money to travel far.” He said the last effort he made to find Sharlinie, or Nini, was last week in Bandar Sunway. “I don’t know why but I’d mostly searched for her at pasar malam areas.

I’d also scout public parks or any other public areas that I come across,” he said.

When asked if the police had contacted him about the pictures the teenager claimed to have seen in the van, he said the last time he heard anything from the police was over two months ago.


On Jan 9, Nini went missing and on March 9, Asmawi too went missing. I hate to think the worse for these two kids. Are the people entrusted to look after our rakyat being distracted and told to zero in their efforts on other more important things? Read more.

Mohd Nashar had even travelled to Surabaya, Indonesia, last April in search of his missing daughter. He spent four days in Malang town looking for her. Like all previous so-called leads, it led to no where. He hoped the public had not forgotten his daughter’s case and would continue to be on the lookout for her.

AND OF COURSE WE SHOULD NOT FORGET N.U.R.I.N. (National Urgent Response Information Network.) v sidebar.

=======================
GET MRS IGP INVOLVED TOO

============================

This was set up after the murder of Nurin. It garnered sufficient publicity and even former MP Sharizat come into the loop. Wouldn't it be a great idea if the people who formed NURIN lasso in MP of Bangsar Nurul to resuscitate this movement. To add more urgency why not recruit the wife of the IGP into NURIN? (if he will still be around and not taken early retirement.)That is the least we can do for Mohd Nashar and his family. He hoped the public had not forgotten his daughter’s case and would continue to be on the lookout for her.


8 comments:

Patriotic1994 said...

Yesterday while traveling back from home town to KL, I saw Transnational bus with poster (complete bus) painted with ads about Talian Nur, 15999 (if I remember correctly).

I wonder why just "Nur", not "NURIN" because I was thinking that is hotline for singer Siti Nurhaliza! Then I saw Kementerian Wanita... then I know it is Nurin.

Anyway, that effort must go on.

And of course I hate our government to refuse to acknowledge to people's requests to do the right thing for people (use Nurin not Nur). They always have their agenda for themselves. Shame on them.

NURAINA A SAMAD said...

hi zorro,

nurin jazlin is still in my mind. i pray that sharlinie is alive and safe, and that her captors have in their heart to treat her well, and who knows...to release her to her family.

nurin alert is being registered. we are hoping women's affairs minister ng yen yen will give support to nurin alert as did her predecessor.

nurin alert has got the support of our community and we are all anxious to see it put into effect.

thank you, zorro, for posting about sharlinie.

she is not and will never forgotten until we find her!

zorro said...

Ena....we need to aggressively push for its registration. Yen Yen must be pushed to speed up the registration with ROS. You would have noticed on my sidebar that I declared championing NURIN ALERT. I really mean it and would willingly volunteer my effort, no matter how insignificant. Let's get it off the drawing board into a functional reality.

GobloKing said...

NST & STAR - Other than lining cat's pooh bin, also good for window cleaning. Just difficult to get that cheap ink off the hands after

NURIN alert - count me in

Thanks. f88king polis ain't doing ditty zippy zilch

Khun Pana aka johanssm said...

Theres no news on the missing children. We have not forgotten Nurin. Hopefully we can locate her within this year.
As children grows very fast our chance is getting slimmer.
Nobody wants another Sharlinie case.
The polis? they are busy with an asshole case.

* Pls excuse my choice of words, but we are getting real sick

Khun Pana aka johanssm said...

See? i am so sick of this country that i have messed up the name of Sharlinie and Nurin.
Do edit my earlier comment .
Thank you

Anonymous said...

Zorro,
It brings a lump to my throat reading this. So frustrating and heartbreaking for the parents, ain't it.

Anonymous said...

Hi uncle,
I have a 5 year old daugther and until this moment cannot imagine how painfull and desperate both parents Sharlini and Asmawi. There's a Sharlini poster near to our family makan plan, and we could not stop thinking about this little girl everytime we were there and what we will do if we're in her parent shoes. Hope Allah take good care of these two little ones. Only He knows what is good for His subject.
rgds
faisal