Thursday, January 29, 2009

FINALLY LAID TO REST.....BUT WILL HIS SPIRIT REST?

As planned the Special Bunch (SB) took a quick lunch at the Wharf and in convoy proceeded to meet the others at Binary College opposite the IOI Mall.We had decided that we will not add to the congestion by being at the UH Mortuary and at the Taipan Police Station where the funeral entourage would stop for a ritual. Earlier we were informed that 6 people were arrested at the UH and a massive 3000 crowd had waited at the USJ police station where Kugan was allegedly tortured to death.



On receiving news that the hearse was on its way to Puchong we zipped over to the 14th Mile to await the cortege. A crowd was already assembled and we were advised to walk the last mile to the cemetery with Kugans family, as parking would be a problem.


Before the arrival of the funeral procession, as expected the Police made their presence ostentatiously. They parked a distance away. Like us, they knew that this was not the time to be confrontational. That is where they parked and that was where they remained until we saw then again at around 6.00pm.




When the hearse arrived the crowd had amassed and we all began our walk in a slight drizzle, I happened to walk with an almost Indian crowd and I did invite a few curious glances. One guy was brazen enough to ask me if I was from the police (quite a number of police have paunches like mine, yes?). I jokingly told him I was from the SB but quickly explained that I am from the Special Bunch. I doubt he knew the significance. It began to rain ......and then it came down in buckets.


Some walked and some had their motors. I looked for one without a pillion. Madavan was god-sent. But we all got drenched. When I alighted I pressed an ang-pow into Madavan's palms. He refused and said that our presence was more valuable. I impressed on him that this was an ang-pow because it is Chinese New Year. He accepted the small token. The rain, that was torrential during our ride just stopped when we reached the cemetry.


I stayed away from the burial site and took the opportunity to take off my shirt and wring dry whatever was possible. It was more comfortable after that.


Spent and weary, the mother of the late Kugan walks away and I had the opportunity to convey my condolence. Some media people asked me whether she would accede to an interview. I told them to just look at her condition and they understood.

TO ALL WHO MADE TIME WE THANK YOU.

MAY KUGAN REST IN PEACE.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just go to show the Malaysian people can get together and stand united when they face a common injustice perpetrated by an insensitive Government. It's not all about the deceased only. It's definitely not because he was an Indian, nor a Hindu. Even for a criminal suspect, the deceased had rallied the minds and hearts of Malaysians because we all care. The life of a human. The life of a Malaysian. Any human or Malaysian. Barisan, are you LISTENING?
malsia1206

Unknown said...

Why is Pewaris talk about sensitivities of Others? reported in Bernama!

http://shiokguy.blogspot.com/2009/01/sensitivities-of-others.html

Really OMG!

Shiok Guy

Anonymous said...

Video clip shows no 'barging' of mortuary
malaysiakini
http://www.malaysiakini.tv/video/16640


Wonder what Hamid Albar will have to say to this.

casper c said...

Hats off Uncle B for you untiring pursuit of justice. We now have more cause and reason to face up to the evil brought on by UMNO. Each passing day, the Special Bunch can only make proud those duly departed.

I'm certain MGG Pillay couldn't be more proud of the lot of you and RPK, for your presence in Kugan's funeral.

Anonymous said...

one freakin car jacker dies and u guys make hellofa fuss ! and u make it a pakatan jamboree event ! u guys make me sick !

zorro said...

No effort needed to make you sick...you already are...and which sick guy says he is a car jacker? You need to jackoff more often, but not in public, please....better amongst your jamboree mates whilst they batter somebody to death.

Anonymous said...

To jackoff: I think you mispelled ur name, it should start with "F" follow by "U" and a "C". Do some justice for yourself? and F Off?

Worms like you have been eating your own soul. Turn to your own kind for salvation?

Kickass citizenX

Anonymous said...

A Kugan is a car thief. Make no mistakes about that.

I had an experience once, 5 years back when I was driving home with my wife who was then pregnant. Some car knocked us from the back and when I got down, 3 indian men came charging into my car with parangs. They were ruthless and have no qualms to hurt us. It was not a pleasant experience let me tell you guys.

Yes, I have no pity for these thugs. Crime rates in Msia have gone up and criminals are getting to be more daring. It is either them or us.

Anonymous said...

Riding pillion without a helmet is a compoundable offence on gazetted public roads.

Did you get the compound or was it a close one eye case?

Anyway, with one suspected criminal less, the Police should now go after those Mat Rempits and whack them to pieces.

Hopefully no one will glorify them.

A GOOD MAN DOES NOTHING.

Anonymous said...

Zorro,

What about those victims of snatch thieves?? Some have died. I dont see you marching with their family members during their funerals.

Why glorified this criminal??

We have too many thugs and crooks out there from Mat Rempits, snatch thieves, car thieves, rapists etc. The police ought to come down hard on these animals.

Anonymous said...

never in my wildest dream did i expect to see a suspected car thief being given such a grand serice.

there's no excuse for what the cops are alleaged to have done and for this those responsible must be sternly punished.

but for the whole episode to be played up to serve the interest of certain parties is going overboard.

my sincere condolences to kugan's family.

The Phoenix Foundation said...

BK!
Let me give u an insight into the psyche of the psyche of the lower strata of the Tamilian of Malaysia - they just grab!
On Friday last at the PJ Magistrates Court {& u were there} there was a request from YB Ronnie to me to get some grub for the 21 whilst awaiting for the afternoon to sort out bail etc.
I walked over to KFC placed my orders & came back to Court to inform Ronnie & all inside that the chicken & bottles of water will be in within 30 minutes!
U c BK, I know the fear & trepidition of being charged in Court so whilst awaiting some "upliftment" was the order of the day.
But I had a problem: as the traffic was "sesat" in Newtown, I needed hands to assist me.
One very AH Beng Chinaman said he will assist.
One Tamalan said he will assist.
We trooped into my car & sped along.
Suddenly, the Tamalian tells me that as two of the Tamils charged are vegetarians, He has received "instructions" that I must get them them French Fries!!
I am a very patient man KB,
I am a Hindu BUT I am pissed!
When we stop to pick up the KFC,
my Ah Beng Chinaman goes to buy 48{2 doz} water bottles & carries these to my car, whilst I am at KFC carrying all those buckets to my car.
And my fellow Indian- He is on his hand phone!!!!!!
Okay!
But when we have to get the food into the Court Room,
Indian goes awal.
Then the Indian Vegetrarians, reject the vegetarian food I got!
Good , every one else enjoyed wht mashed potatoes & coleslaw!
Every person in the Court Room said thank You to all of us except the two Indians{Tamils}.
The sheer smiles as RPK & Gang and generally all of us told all sorts of stories to keep their spirits alive was rewards expect for the two Indians/Tamils who were sullen and downright rude.
So you see KB,
there may/could be a twist to the story.
So please look over your shoulder/your rear view mirrow as some Tamils could very well, acoust you.
It happened to me and three boys{tamils}, ended in Hospital with broken jaws.
All is not what it seems to be!
Godspeed!

Anonymous said...

When our judiciary fails and criminals are set free because they have good lawyers or the DPP is too stupid, sometimes the police needs to do this to make sure our streets are safe.

our country is not safe anymore. I applaud the police for making sure there was 1 less danger to society.

why are we making a matyr of someone with a colourful criminal record?

Anonymous said...

my anak's 3-year old car got stolen
& my house was pecahed into TWICE (
siang once), new pc, handfon, camera,
& $$$$$$$ .....are gone !! polis, catch & punish them BUT pls dun murder them, ok !? tq !

JinChrist said...

KUGAN may have rested in peace, but Altantuya's has not.