Tuesday, October 7, 2008

BE CAREFUL BERNARD.

I was late today. The air-cond acted up and I got a lift from my grandkid's grandmother. The crowd was not as yesterday's but you couldn't get a seat in the gallery. So we stood outside - the outstanding supporters. We bonded, strangers no more as we were there with this mission -


Rody & Boom

I AM WITH RPK - NO TO ISA

And as such I was not discouraged by a lesser crowd......mostly new faces.....people who could not come out yesterday, being the first day after a week's vacation.....and were here today.

I sneaked in when a recess was called. This recess was to enable the prosecution to set up their video. When court resumed it became apparent that the prosecution wanted to play the talk-show that Pete took part in on RTM Blog programme. The defense, the incisive Chandra and the indomitable Gobind, MP for Puchong took turns to squash the opposition's request as irrelevent, to which an accommodating Yang Arif Rozina Ayob sternly obliged. (Aside: some of you guys requested for a photo of Justice Rozina. I am sorry. Being a law-abiding citizen, no camera's are allowed.....and moreover James was not to be seen around today.) Round One to the Defence. Dang, she can be sweet, but she can be firm I tell you as when at one stretch the boorish prosecution lulled some of us to sleep. The sleeply heads were awakened by her chiding: My court is not for you to have your siesta. If she made eye contact with me (one of the guilty ones) I would have said that I was nodding in agreement wih her succint repartees (with my eyes closed of course.) Let me not forget to mention that our two upfront defence lawyers, Chandra and Gobind were their effective selves because of the support from Amarjit, the third member of the defence team. His periodic passing of notes to the front contributed to a second good day.

Lest I forget, if I was the Attorney General I would send his bunch for some refresher. However, it will be a sheer waste of time....some are untrainable.....or like boss, like subordinate......no wonder some can get away with murder......and WILL get away with C1,2,3,4 murder! NO? They were dismal compared to Cool-Cut Chandra and the Puchong Panther (the latter's dad was the Lion of Jelutong, if you recall)..

The prosecution's second witness of the day went AWOL. And the beautiful lady looking down on all of us were not amused.

The last witness of the day, the producer of the said Blog talk-show, to me was a friendly witness. Our defence team did not want to cross-examine him, As he left he shook Pete's hand and gave Pete a reassuring tap on the shoulders.

Proceedings will continue tomorrow. The crowd thronged and greeted Pete. When I hugged him, he whispered to me: Be Careful Bernard.



13 comments:

Unknown said...

Pete is damn right. Watch your step, Cik Gu. You know all too well!

Poor me, i did not...

Anonymous said...

where the F**k is Anwar Ibrahim, Wan Azizah,& for that matter, The Keadilan gang ?

Anonymous said...

JUST LOOK WHO IS THE NEXT PM OF MALAYSIA.................
MALAYSIA IS LIKE A FLOWER.....

A FLOWER LIKE MALAYSIA IS GIVEN TO MONKEY PLAYING WITH C4.............

WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THIS FLOWER...

THE RAKYAT MUST NOT MAKE ANOTHER MISTAKE IN FUTURE..........

MONKEYS NEVER CHANGE.......

MALAYSIANNIGER WISH HE HAS MORE OF THE C4....THE END THIS RIGEM OF THE BN GOVT..........

Samuel Goh Kim Eng said...

When there are linked cases
There'll be more solid bases
With some familiar public faces
Struggling to escape the mazes

(C) Samuel Goh Kim Eng - 081008
http://MotivationInMotion.blogspot.com
Wed. 8th Oct. 2008.

Anonymous said...

looks like i missed a good 2nd day... & will be away rest of the week, sir...

keep up d good work tho..

!!!PEOPLE POWER!!!

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1... erhem, I think Anwar is a little busy saving his own ass (pardon the punt) in another court... besides the little task of planning to be the next PM =]

RPK looks like he is with good support, from both his legal team & his supporters....

The Phoenix Foundation said...

Anon, U r an imbecile!
DSAI, if u must know was at the Jln Duta Courts, taking care of the sodomy charge & the Prosecution's transfer-to high court antics.
Further, YB Ronnie Liu , YB Elizabeth Wong , Dato Sallehuddin , Dato Shannon and a whole host of others were there!
1. Kindly put your name 2. Refrain from using expletives 3.Do not have foot-in-the mouth disease.

Anonymous said...

ladyRP echos.....plse b careful

zorro said...

aNON1:01AM: DSAI has not been endowed with this rare phenomena called bi location yet.

Anonymous said...

It's just like RPK to care for his friends even when he is in a fix himself. Completely selfless and worthy of the people's support. You are very lucky to know him personally. He has touched us all with his courage.

Every day I pray for his release. Everyday I pray for the abolishment of this terrible law. It breaks my heart to see good men put away when the evil are enjoying their ill-gotten gains.

Do take care, Zorro. As Pete said, you are no use to him on the inside. I have never come across a more noble group of Malaysians.

I will send Pete another card today to the Kamunting address. Even if he doesn't get it I want those wardens to know that people on the outside love him to bits. That should annoy them.

I am trying to arrange for either myself or my husband to attend the trial tomorrow and/ or Friday. It's the least we can do after all that RPK, you and your friends have done for us.

I am eager to meet all of you in person and put faces to your wonderful writings. Have never met you but feel as if we know you already.

warmest regards,
bubble&squeak

Anonymous said...

Anonymous 1:01 AM

For your info, Anwar, Keadlilan & Gang are also at the court but different premises. If you have watched the news or read the papers, they are also busy defending themeselves. Hence they were not able to lend support.

Anonymous said...

Even when RPK is down with all these problems and mess, he never forget to care about his friends!

Great man indeed!

Anonymous said...

We’re up north in Penang but our thoughts & prayers are with all of you there physically present. Thank you for the daily updates!