Friday, December 4, 2009

MY FRIDAY GUEST BLOGGER; THE ANAK BANGSA MALAYSIA BLOG



On 24 November 2007, the eve of the Hindraf March I put up a post on why I was participating in this March.


“My participation in this walk has got nothing, absolutely nothing to do with claiming compensation from the British Queen. It has got nothing to do with Hindraf. It has got nothing to do with being against the incumbent government. But it has everything to do with the marginalised Indians, Malays, and Chinese, especially the destitute and abject poor. The government has paid a lot of lip-service but done little to elevate our disadvantaged from the throes of poverty. And this, after 50 years of boasted prosperity. I am just an angry Malaysians who sees our priorities dissipated to sending people into space and pandering to the rich and famous under the guise of attracting tourist dollars, whilst the Malaysian poor grovel in stark poverty' I question how much of these earned money is channeled to the poor. I have always been an advocate of the NEP, in as long as the poor are in this loop. I still believe in this although the NEP has been hijacked to enrich the already bloated and corrupted rich elite, who under the guise of party politics, will wield keris and draw blood, all for a race. A hypocritical gimmick that works though.”

You can revisit the post HERE. 


My Friday Guest Blogger is THE ANAK BANGSA MALAYSIA BLOGSITE. 
I Iived and taught school for ten years in Sentul. 
Images from this blog says all that is left to be said about greed swallowing what is left of the ravished Sentul poor.
 





  GET THE FACTS HERE






7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not related to the post.

The caricature on the right hand pane is by Zunar. Not Zanur.

Jimbet

zorro said...

Thanks Jimbet.

Anonymous said...

First I thought about calling you Uncle zorro but then I am also 50 so Brother zorro may be more appropriate. All of what you have said was the real agenda of NEP, helping the poor and under privileged but this has been hijacked by the Umnoputras.

So no need to talk so much just wait for GE 13 and do the right thing. For me the right thing is "VOTE FOR CHANGE"

zorro said...

Brother Anon, I get you. But I write about this to keep me focused at all times towards this CHANGE. I have to keep motivating myself to keep faith on this objective.

Anonymous said...

This picture speaks a thousand words...!

Should be put up on billboards instead of smiling faces....

Better still... put it at Putrajaya!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Brother Zorro,

I am a very recent visitor to your blog so reading your re-posted 2007 article caused a lump in my throat as I recalled my early days growing up in the late 50s' and early 60s' in KL and seeing the poverty around me. My family was poor but my parents worked very hard to put food on the table and for their children's school fees. As you guessed, we are Chinese and we never knew what NEP is all about.

Your courage and conviction for a just society in this country sans racial and religious differences where the poor and less unfortunate are given a helping hand to improve their lives is very noble and honourable.

Brother Zorro, I salute you and Karen. May God bless the both of you to carry on with your noble intentions.

Frank

Anonymous said...

signed to your rss