Tuesday, October 11, 2011

THE RESURRECTION OF JUST JUSTUS.

Let me introduce myself. Call me Justus. My late Papa, Justus, was a Singaporean and a man of letters and a wanderlust. I was born in Kuala Lumpur and thus a Malaysian. I schooled in St Patricks, Katong, Singapore and was drilled in English under the owner of this blog. My younger brother Justin is Australian by birth and sister Justina is China-born, a Shanghainese to be exact. Mum, Joy Hartini is Indonesian of mixed Dutch/Batak ancestry.

In the 60’s Papa guest-columned at the bi-monthly Catholic News as Just Justus. In the mid-60’s LKY registered his distaste for the contents of Papa’s writings, primarily his satire. He told the then Bishop of Singapore to “kill” Justus. The next issue of the Catholic News announced the demise of Justus. Papa exiled himself from Singapore and dragged us to the capitals of Asia where he lectured philosophy and the humanities and was lured by the flamboyant Derek Davies to do columns for FEER (Far Eastern Economic Review).

I walked in my Papa’s shadow and try my best to fit into his shoes. This summer I bumped into Bernard. To cut a long story short he challenged me to resurrect Just Justus. He asked me to find out if Robert Kuok was angry with Malaysia. I let slip that I was visiting Justina in Hong Kong, thus this timely assignment. My Papa must have kicked me under the table at Bangsar’s WIP and I said “YES”. I can’t let down my teacher can I? So expect to hear from me soon.

7 comments:

bruno said...

Zorro,some of your critics have been taunting you for this Robert Kuok segment.Hope soon you will be able to say to them "I told you so".

Anonymous said...

pls cepat la !!

zorro said...

All men commend patience, although few are willing to practice it.
Thomas Kempis

Anonymous said...

Thank you Bernard for this blogsite!

passion1 said...

go read Malaysian Chronicle, under Najib, Robert and Chinese premier's visit to get some 'cannot wait' news.

passion1 said...

Cannot access Malaysia Today website today. Is it the same with the rest of you out there? Will somebody guide me? Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

The shit going to hit the fan soon.ha....