Tuesday, August 12, 2008

NO, I COULD NOT MANAGE IT BETTER THAN...........

Yes people, I could not handle it better than my friend from the Land Beneath The Winds, HANTULAUT, who like AISEHMAN, serve blogosphere better by remaining anonymous. It was in my agenda to meet up with HantuLaut during my recent trip to KK with the National Press Club. We were only able to meet up on the last night but both agreed that it was an auspicious even.....when two Hantus met..

On Sunday, I put up a posting on the disrupted Bar Council forum. I wanted to highlight what I thought was what disturbed me personally - DSAI's assurance "
to ensure a healthy and vibrant democracy where dissent is not only tolerated but nurtured." and then unceremoniously hijacked by Zulkifli. a PKR Member of Parliament.

Thrawling the net, particularly my blogroll and voila, this from Hantulaut that I present here:

When I first read Robert Louis Stevenson's "A Strange Case of Dr Jekyll And Mr Hyde" I was still in my early teens.The book characterised a man with split personality or "multiple personality disorder". The leading character Dr Jackall from being the nicest person could transformed into the worse case of misanthropy with murderous tendencies.Knowing it was a work of fiction and being young and ignorant then I didn't believe that human beings could have such multiple personality.Later in my adult life I learned it is a mental disorder called psychopathology.In the worst case scenario they become serial killers.

The recent disruption of the Bar Council's public forum on 'Conversion to Islam" by protesters openly participated by some PKR and PAS leaders was a shocking revelation of human behaviour, how one can hide one true character.

Many Malaysians were euphoric and dreamt of utopia when Pakatan Rakyat , a loose coalition of PKR,PAS and DAP grabbed considerable number of seats from the BN (Barisan National) and brought the biggest upset in the nation elections history.The de facto leader of the oppositions Anwar Ibrahim was seen as a hero and a saviour to form an alternative government, one that promised to be fair to all Malaysians irrespective of race, colour and creed.

Is Islam really in danger if there were open discussions on inter-faith problems that have affected certain community in this multi-religious society or would the government rather allow it to be swept under the carpet and let it become the Indian disease, the intolerance of Hindu extremists toward other religions? Why weren't the protesters arrested for illegal assembly? Why did our leaders openly show support to the protesters and condemned the Bar Council?

The statements made by the Deputy Prime Minister and other ministers lending support instead of condemning the aggressive actions and uncalled for behaviour of the protesters storming the forum are most regrettable.Even more regrettable were the actions of the police by allowing the protesters to carry out their action, abhorrent to any civilised society.The use of racial slurs by some of the protesters shouldn't have been tolerated by the police. They should have been arrested for causing public nuisance.


Read here for more and it is my way to introduce you to an excellent blog for your future readings.


Yes, I did get HantuLaut's permission to post his posting. Thanks buddy.

10 comments:

Saya... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

zorro

there must be consistencies. when we asked for freedom to assemble and protest, we must also allow them to protest. but there must be no violence. thats the job of a good cop; to control such protest and any violence must be met by arrests.

Nostradamus said...

Permatang Pauh Voters decide for Nation? - Appeal by Nostradamus.
Pengundi Permatang Pauh tentukan untuk Negara? – Rayuan oleh Nostradamus.

1. Voters of Permatang Pauh will vote come 26 August 2008. Who to vote for and What to vote for?
Pengundi-pengundi Permatang Pauh akan undi menjelang 26 Ogos 2008. Mengundi Siapa and mengundi untuk Apa?

2. 50 Questions to test your Conscience at www.patek1472.wordpress.com
50 Soalan untuk menguji Suara Hati anda di www.patek1472.wordpress.com

Trashed said...

The education system is where the problem lies and unfortunately, dear Zorro, things have changed since you were in it.

See 2 examples here

(1) http://the-malaysian.blogspot.com/2008/08/in-malaysia-it-pays-to-hurl-racial.html

(2) http://kamal-talksmalaysia.blogspot.com/2008/08/selangor-mb-tan-sri-khalid-to-meet-uitm.html

Donplaypuks® said...

The Bar Council, while right, lost the battle.

By now Ambiga & Co must realise that strategy and timing are everything, and take a pause.

Choose the time and place to make a stand. It's probably there in the 'Art of War.'
http://donplaypuks.blogspot.com

Saya... said...

Bernard,

Thanks. But I feel bad I brought it up with you..."

Monsterball said...

I have frequent disagreements with Hantu Laut on the basic premise of his blog - which is that Pak Lah, UMNO and BN are still the preferred government of the country.

He has an almost irrational dislike for Anwar Ibrahim.

zorro said...

Tehsin....I did it not for you, but for myself.And I still hold firm to the two sides of the coin....both are different and both have their own intrinsic value that we mere mortals sometimes in fits of piety and self-righteousness try to devalue to pander our most often selfish partisan leanings.

I did it for ME, Tehsin.

Saya... said...

Ok Zorro, I understand what you mean. I know you didn't do it for me personally. I just couldn't read that stuff...and got a bit upset, not with you, though.

Knights Templar said...

This Hantu Laut's writing flows like Poetry ....loved every word of it.Thanks for the link.I know some of you will surely disagree but i agree when hantu ended with .."DAP will not be able to control the hypocrites and extremists in PAS and PKR.Anwar Ibrahim will submit to their whim and fancy to keep the coalition together and himself as prime minister. Without PAS his government will collapse.

I would rather keep the devil I know than the one that would become my worst nightmare"