Monday, August 17, 2009

PASSION HAS TO BE HANDLED WELL

I did not try to, but I always instill PASSION into my students, my athletes and my football team. I tell them that they must be winners and that coming out 2nd is to be a winner amongst losers. However, none of us can be #1 all the time, but you will be a winner if at the end of your quest you tell yourself that you did your best and you injected passion into the task. You are a winner.

However Passion has its dark side too. Being passionately in love can cloud our reasoning. Being passionate about an ideology or a belief can negate alternatives. This morning at the Permatang Pasir, I saw passion plaayed out in various shades.


Duke, Shanghai, Gus and I followed some instructions and landed on the wrong divide. We parked and walked into the Barisan side. We knew it but just went ahead. Duke and Gus wore their anak bangsa malaysia tees and I wore a Tok Guru tee. I stood out like a sore thumb and some UMNO suporters cast looks that sent the same message that a UMNO guy said to me, smiling: You have come to the wrong side. I acknowledge with a reciprocal smile. None of the UMNO people taunted me. I salute them. I always have said that there are many good people in UMNO, it is the politicians that have exploited their members.

To get to the Pakatan side we trespassed a rambutan plantation by scaling fences three times. When we finally got to the PR side and was just settling down to do the necessary observations, this uncalled for thing happened. There was loud booing, jeering and taunting. Like us, an UMNO Puteri too strayed unknowingly into the PR camp. That was downright bullying and bullying a girl at that.This predominantly PAS crowd MUST NOT GO THIS ROUTE AGAIN. If Tok Guru was around this would not have happened and Tok Guru cannot be everywhere, can he? Think about this, PLEASE.

The next episode of raw unbridled passion unfolded near the end of the nomination process. I did not see it as I could not get near. Read HERE for on the spot report.





We need to temper our passion with moderation. And there is no better time than during this by-election that will see it into the holy month of Ramadan. As I go into the ceremahs I hope to hear both sides telling the rakyat what they can do for the people instead of surfacing only negativity. I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR THE CANDIDATES TELL THE ELECTORATE WHAT THEY WANT AND NOT WHAT THEY(the candidates) HAVE. I'd like to witness the candidates listen more and chatter less. The rakyat can be tired of this type of diet and they can punish with their votes. Let's have a peaceful and clean by-elections to prepare for the next one in Gua Musang.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by another by election in Gua Musang?

Anonymous said...

dear zorro,

Next by-election in Gua musang?. Is there anything you knew that we are now aware off?. BTW THAT will be very interesting (if it ever happens!)

embunpagi said...

miss that moment. aku kat blakang time tuuu

Anonymous said...

Quote:Duke, Shanghai, Gus and I followed some instructions and landed on the wrong divide. We parked and walked into the Barisan side. We knew it but just went ahead. Duke and Gus wore their anak bangsa malaysia tees and I wore a Tok Guru tee. I stood out like a sore thumb and some UMNO suporters cast looks that sent the same message that a UMNO guy said to me, smiling: You have come to the wrong side. I acknowledge with a reciprocal smile. None of the UMNO people taunted me.

-->It's because you and de gang are'nt malays la uncle...lol

You know...being malays are the hardest thing in in this land of MALAYsia.
If we fight for our right,you call it blatant racist..
Unlike the non malays,they call it human rights if they fight theirs...

In case we fight for our muslims' right,you call us extremist,fundamentalist,terrorists...
Unlike the non malays,non muslims..you call it freedom of religion,freedom of speech,whatever la as long as the fight is not islamic...
I guess the right of muslims to practise the islamic teachings is not counted as one of the rights..!@?#?

Arghhh

~darling~

Anonymous said...

My god...
Look how the munkee troupe of foolice manhandled MP Gobala...

I surely cannot be PASsionate about police's brutality..!!
DAMN!!
Go to hell Polis raja di malaysia!!

~darling~

Anonymous said...

Malaysian politics have gone personal, and the voters are treating it like a block buster movie.

The campaigning period is like a movie trailer and the best mud slinger wins hands down.

Who cares about better living conditions anymore?

Ramadan? Aw, just shoot the mouth and apologise lah and things will all be settled.

And what is the latest on TV? A politician slapping a uniformed personnel? Must be in self defence lah.

A GOOD MAN DOES NOTHING.

mudz said...

Uncle Zorro

I admired with your special tshirt. Where can I get one?

Donplaypuks® said...

Zorro

This should provide a lot of ammo for Pakatan's candidate from The Edge which quotes Bar Council President Ragunath as saying that:

“the offence committed by Rohaizat involved stakeholders’ money from Koperasi Pekebun Getah and there was no account for it.

When the board looked into this matter and the order was made, there was no reimbursement to the stakeholders involving the sum of RM140,000.

Even if you pay, the offence has been committed and it is a serious offence as this involves dealing with client’s money.

If you are an innocent party, you would not be found guilty by the disciplinary committee and the charge leveled under Section 103D is tantamount to criminal misconduct”.

Please get max publicty on this.

dpp
We are all odf 1 race, the Human Race

Jong said...

Greetings from afar! Waaaah, salute you macho men on call of duty! Thank you my friends. What next BY-E Gua Musang, did I miss anything?

mauriyaII said...

What can any Opposition MP, Adun or for that matter even ordinary citizens expect from the police who have become raja in Bolehland?

PDRM has become a law unto itself. It does not care for law and order, rights of citizens as enshrined in the constitution or even basic human rights.

The PASSION of the top officers to please UMNO is so obvious that they are nothing but the pitbulls of UMNO.

A time will soon come when these very cowardly curs will be running away with their tails between the legs.

They are too blind to see right from wrong. Too bad. What sort of message are they giving out to their children and the younger generation?

It is OK to be thugs!!

pinsysu said...

agree with ya totally, uncle Z. ppl get carried away & 4 get how to be a gracious human bean. Abraham Lincoln said, "I destroy my enemies when I make them my friends." win them over, not chase them away ...

Anonymous said...

Gua Musang YB is undergoing treatment in China I heard.So we might have another election. Lets pray that he recovers soon.

Anonymous said...

Zorro means Adun Galas in Gua Musang.

http://www.harakahdaily.net/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=022088&Itemid=96

Hope he can recover asap.

Anonymous said...

Hello Uncle,

Welcome back to Bukit Mertajam.
Hope to meet u at Kg Cross St on Wedns.

Malaysia180 said...

... and I would like to hear from the candidate who had the courage and intelligence and the future of Malaysia so much to heart that he could leave religion out of the equation

Anonymous said...

Hi Zorro

Where can i get the tee you are wearing in this picture? I've also try looking for another tee which have Tok Guru face and wording "the exemplery leader".

Appreciate if you could post me a few pictures of Tok Guru. When you look at him you feel serene.

Anonymous said...

Yesterday, TV3 news showed the part that the MP slapped the police and I can't find in this clip. Surely the TV3 made it up.

Anonymous said...

Dear anonymous you have the full right to practice islam as you want, none of the non malays or non muslim will opposed to this. But please don't implement it to others. They should know the do and don't of their own religion.

macha said...

I know MP Gobala during his LLN/TNB days .. he's aggresive alright .. but he's a good man & worker too .. It's not the way to treat a human that way .. blatantly high-handed ..

Anonymous said...

hey good man does no nothing,

pijak kaki orang dan tolak orang belakang ikut undang-undang ke? jangan berlagak pandai bila nak berkomen , anggap sendiri orang atas pajar? shiok sendiri?.

zorro said...

Mudz and Anon1250pm...I usually buy my tees at PAS ceremahs. Get your friends from Pematang Pasir to purchase them for you. As for photos of TokGuru,anon1250pm I fully agree with you. As I kissed his hand in Manex Urai, his piety overwhelmed me.

zorro said...

Darling....if I mentioned that Perak Blogger (topeng perak unmasked)aka Fauzi walked with us and took those pictures me Gus and Duke, you would not have posted those comments, or would you? Lets not have this US and THEM please. Let us be just Malaysians who love our country and its people as compared to those who want to divide us in compartments of race and creed. Our blood is still RED, no matter what. Peace to you, darling.

zorro said...

Anon1250pm....I can oblige with fotos of Tok Guru if you leave me your email.

zorro said...

Anon1209pm....where is King Cross St?Tomorrow is Wednesday....but only possible after ceremahs.

Anonymous said...

Ello uncle,gud morning...

true la uncle...
i mean what if the ones who got lost in the Bn camp were three malay men in long robes and turbans OR three bearded malay men with PAS logo or tok guru t shirts??
The scenario would be different...dont you think?
>>topeng perak looks chinese to me..lol

I'm not being racist or whateva as i loath racism but it's reality in this 'helloved' malaysia la uncle...

>>its not that I dont welcome the good gesture but i wish it's a true-blue one practised to all...
;)

~darling~